Back to questions

I live in Canada and do independent contract work for a U.S. based company. In the agreement I am presented to sign annually, I am called an “Independent Consultant” and must agree to “report to all applicable government agencies as income all compensation received by consultant pursuant to this Agreement.” It makes reference to Candian jurisdiction. It does not state I am an employee, so why would I be obligated to report “income”? Does not my being a man supersede any titles like “contractor”? I don’t want to report this as income anymore and want to stop filing taxes to the corrupt government. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Want to see this question answered?

Click the "thumbs-up" icon. The questions with the most votes will be answered.


Your email address will not be published.