Back to questions

In the USA, (and in the state of i,) ‘taxpayers’ are expected to file and are not sent any forms or correspondence or bills in advance; since i, will not file this year, would the recommendation be to send a notice when the forms/taxes are due instead of the requisite forms (addressed to a man and/or a woman; John Doe or Jane Doe; who at times acts as collection agent) stating ‘no income’ OR would it be better off to wait until i, am presented with a INCOME TAX DUE notice and then respond with a notice to provide remedy (etc, etc)?

Want to see this question answered?

Click the "thumbs-up" icon. The questions with the most votes will be answered.


Your email address will not be published.

  1. I have the same question but for Denmark.. to be pro-active or wait till asked?